|This article is a stub. You can help Robotech Saga Wiki by expanding it.|
|"The Invid Connection"|
|The Masters, Episode 59|
|Air date||23 May, 1985|
|Written by||Steve Kramer|
|Directed by||Robert V. Barron|
|Comic adaptation(s)||Robotech Masters 22: The Invid Connection|
As the final, deadly battle erupts, the Robotech Masters resort to terrible acts of callousness to gain the upperhand, and in turn score a frightening advantage.
The final offensive is underway. Alien warships move silently toward Earth. Their plan is simple -- attack without retreat or surrender until they reclaim the fallen protoculture factory. General Emerson engages the enemy once again. Leonard launches his fleet.
As the battle escalates, the Robotech Masters cast their infirm and aged citizens adrift in space. They drug their clone soldiers with anti-pain serum to enable them to fight longer. Merciless maneuvers give them the advantage. They issue an ultimatum to Supreme Commander Leonard: "Evacuate the planet within thirty-eight hours or we will be forced to destroy your homeworld."
Leonard orders all remaining squadrons to assemble at Monument City and prepare a attack. Emerson returns the battered remains of the Southern Cross Defense Force to protect the planet and its people as his ship explodes. Marie Crystal manages to get the general into an escape pod, but they are picked up by the Robotech Masters before they can reach their own ship.
The aliens contact Zor Prime for a trade -- Zor, Musica, and the dismissal of remaining Earth forces for the general and his crew. Zor accepts.
- Nova: "This is such a brutal war."
Louie: "Yeah, but can you tell me about a war that isn't?"
- Musica: "Being so close to you is wonderful. I feel your joys, and your sorrows."
- Emerson: "Goodbye, Bowie." (final words)
- Nova Satori
- Zor Prime
- Bowie Grant
- Angelo Dante
- Dana Sterling
- Louie Nichols
- Sean Phillips
- Rolf Emerson
- Marie Crystal
- Sparks, again with a completely different voice
- Anatole Leonard
- Dennis Brown
Vessels and vehicles
- Tristar class
- Tirolian Corvette
- Tirolian Mothership
- Escape Pod
- VHT-1 Veritech Hover Tank
- Bioroid Armored Fighter
- The Invid Connection is based on the original Japanese episode of Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross, entitled "Katasutorofu" (Meaning "Catastrophe" in English), that was aired 23 September, 1984 in Japan.
- Larry Abraham - Bowie Grant
- Greg Finley - Anatole Leonard
- Melora Harte - Musica
- Steve Kramer - Angelo Dante
- Kerrigan Mahan - Sean Phillips
- David Millbern - Louie Nichols
- Paul St. Peter - Zor Prime
- Jeffrey Platt - Rolf Emerson
- Shirley Roberts - Marie Crystal
- Penny Sweet - Nova Satori
- Frank Catalano - Dennis Brown
- Bill Capizzi - Robotech Masters
- Melissa Newman - Dana Sterling
- Steve Kramer as Sparks
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|