|This article is a stub. You can help Robotech Saga Wiki by expanding it.|
|The Masters, Episode 53|
|Air date||15 May, 1985|
|Written by||Steve Kramer|
|Directed by||Robert V. Barron|
|Comic adaptation(s)||Robotech Masters 16: The Hunters|
Louie invents a machine that the army hopes to weaponize. Emerson engages the Robotech Masters in space.
The members of the 15th Squad relax in the video arcade. Trying to improve his game, Louie Nichols invents a device activated by organic impulses produced when the player's eyes intercept reflected light from the game target -- a vision trace firing system or Pupil Pistol.
Two senior officers observe the excitement and suggest that Louie and Dana develop the machine for use in simulation training for new recruits. Louie is more than willing to help until he learns his device has been integrated into real combat weapons. Dana and Louie try to destroy the prototype. Zor stops them, saying: "I understand how you feel, and believe me, I know the pain bioroids go through when they revive. I'll be aboard this hovertank...some of my friends might die. I don't want any more deaths, but this new machine is our best hope."
Angelo Dante finds himself agreeing with Zor for the first time. "It's because we must succeed in our mission invading the battleship. You know that's our only sure means of achieving peace."
Louie is not convinced and while the squad argues, General Emerson engages the alien enemy in deep space.
- Dana: "Playing the piano... That's about all that boy can thing about anymore."
Sean: "It's the single life."
- Dana: "What's next?"
Louie: "I don't need you anymore Dana."
Dana: "I'm not going! I'll bet I'm good at building machinery! Even better than you are!!"
Louie: "Your motivation is self centered. Not like a true genius."
Dana: "Listen Louie! You're not much better than I am you know!"
Louie: "Ahh but you see lieutenant, I just like machines. Machines can be made to do anything humans can do. Someday I'll make a machine than enhances life by supplementing all human inadequacies, thereby creating an ideal society."
Dana: Well what do ya know, you're such a romantic."
- Sean: "Wow! What a Beauty! This is more like a murder weapon to use against Bioroids than a tool for training recruits!
- Louie: "Stand back! This system wasn't designed for murder! And I wont let it be used for murder!!" (activates Flamethrower)
- Rolf Emerson
- Antoine Rochelle
- Dana Sterling
- Louie Nichols
- Sean Phillips
- Bowie Grant
- Marcus "Ace" Green
- Marie Crystal
- Dennis Brown
- Zor Prime
- Angelo Dante
Vessels and vehicles
- Sensor Nebula
- The game that Dana and Louie play is called Space Friter, and Louie himself built it. Louie builds the Pupil Pistol for the machine.
- Molecular Vacuum
- Larry Abraham - Bowie Grant
- Greg Finley - Anatole Leonard
- Steve Kramer - Angelo Dante
- Kerrigan Mahan - Sean Phillips
- David Millbern - Louie Nichols
- Melissa Newman - Dana Sterling
- Paul St. Peter - Zor Prime
- Jeffrey Platt - Rolf Emerson
- Shirley Roberts - Marie Crystal
- Frank Catalano - Dennis Brown
- Bill Capizzi - Robotech Masters
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Love Song||Mind Game|