Palladium Books is a publisher of role-playing games (RPGs) perhaps best known for its popular, expansive Rifts series (1990–present). Palladium was founded April 1981 in Detroit, Michigan by current president and lead game designer Kevin Siembieda, and is now based in Westland, Michigan. The company enjoys the support of a small but dedicated fanbase who praise its various game series for their innovative settings and ease of adaptability to various personal preferences, play styles, and power levels. It also carried the license for the Robotech RPG, publishing a series of books in the first edition and later renewing it in 2008. The license lapsed in early 2018.
The company was founded in Michigan in 1981 by Kevin Siembieda and started producing its fantasy RPG series.
Palladium Books acquired the Robotech RPG license but eventually let it expire after publishing 14 books, along with several from the Macross II series.
In 2006, the company suffered a financial disaster, but was able to recover.
They re-acquired the Robotech license in 2007, but could not publish the first book until 2008.
The Robotech RPG sourcebooks
- Robotech: The Roleplaying Game Book One: Macross (November 1986)
- Robotech: The Roleplaying Game Book Two: Robotech Defense Force Manual' (March 1987)
- Robotech: The Roleplaying Game Book Three: Zentraedi (March 1987)
- Robotech: The Roleplaying Game Book Four: Southern Cross (September 1987)
- Robotech: The Roleplaying Game Book Five: Invid Invasion (June 1988)
- Robotech: The Roleplaying Game Book Six: The Return of the Masters (July 1989)
- Robotech: The Roleplaying Game Book Seven: New World Order (April 1995)
- Robotech: The Roleplaying Game Book Eight: Strike Force (July 1995)
The Robotech RPG adventure books
- Robotech: The Roleplaying Game: Ghost Ship (February 1988)
- Robotech: The Roleplaying Game: Robotech Defense Force Accelerated Training Program (March 1988)
- Robotech: The Roleplaying Game: Lancer's Rockers (December 1989)
- Robotech: The Roleplaying Game: Zentraedi Breakout (May 1994)
Robotech II: The RPG
- Robotech II: The Sentinels Roleplaying Game (September 1988)
- Robotech Expeditionary Force Field Guide (March 1989)
- Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles Roleplaying Game (March 2008)
- Robotech: The Macross Saga Sourcebook (October 2008)
- Robotech: The Masters Saga Sourcebook (March 2009)
- Robotech: The New Generation Sourcebook (November 2011)
- Robotech: The Genesis Pits Sourcebook (December 2012)
- Robotech: Expeditionary Force Marines Sourcebook One (July 2015)
- Robotech RPG Tactics (2014)
- Palladium publishes an industry magazine, The Rifter, which features fan-made adventures and background as an optional use for players. The 5th issue (January 1999) featured the fan-made variable RDF/Zentraedi Mecha ABP-Z4 (Heavy Assault Pod). It is not an official unit for the Robotech RPG.
- For the Malcontent era, Palladium did a lot of world-building for the first edition. This included the E.B.S.I.S. nations. With the second edition, the nations were rendered non-canon.
- The VF Vindicator was created to explain a potential error seen in episode 84: a VF-1 Valkyrie-sized Alpha Fighter.