|This article is a stub. You can help Robotech Saga Wiki by expanding it.|
|The Masters, Episode 42|
|Air date||30 April, 1985|
|Written by||Steve Kramer|
|Directed by||Robert V. Barron|
|Comic adaptation(s)||Robotech Masters 6: Prelude to Battle|
Prelude to Battle
to be added
to be added
to be added
- Dana Sterling
- Zor Prime
- Bowie Grant
- Sean Phillips
- Sergeant Angelo Dante
- Girl looking at dress
- Wyatt Moran
- Anatole Leonard
- Rolf Emerson
- Antoine Rochelle
- Louie Nichols
- Samson Beckett
- Professor Miles Cochrane
- Nova Satori
- Marie Crystal
Vessels and vehicles
- Red Bioroid
- VHT-1 Veritech Hover Tank
- Golems, which are guarding the United Earth Command Headquarters
- FA-109 Sylphid
- Fighter Cruise
- There are at least eight attack wings sent into the battle. Attack wings two and eight disengage from the battle, attack wings three, four, and seven reported sever losses. All other wings, including the first, do not respond to signals and are believed to be wiped out completely. 97 ships are lost or out of commission.
- Louie believes the the enemy Flagship does not have an engine, and instead moves from place to place by folding space.
- The 15th Squadron's mission on the ship starts by piercing the Flagship's hull, exposing the Bio-Magnetic Network. They then plan to black a concentrated barrage, damaging the ship's power systems.
- Transport 1
- Dana briefly serves as the narrator at the beginning of the story, recapping the previous episode. This was the second time that she had taken the normal place of the Robotech narrator, previously detailing the flashbacks in "Dana's Story."
- Another news report occurs in this story, possibly the Macross Broadcasting Station again. It details known info on the alien Robotech Masters' ship, and names Zor by name as the commander of the forces.
- The red coat seen by Sean and the girl the he is with is very similar to the one that Lynn Minmei wore multiple times throughout the Macross Saga.
- The red dress costs "12.870.000," which Sean Phillips notes to be more than he makes in a year. It is unknown what currency this is, or if it is the most common in the Robotech universe. The dress that Dana buys at the end of the episode costs "36000," and the wad of money that she gives the shopkeeper are green slips of paper.
- Zor has attacked and destroyed a Suburban Base Section in Sector 3 at 8 am, leaving no survivors.
- An Ultra-Violet Scanner is used to scan the damaged Bioroid and piece together its technology.
- Dana Sterling, Bowie Grant, and Louie Nichols present their findings to Rolf Emerson at the Ministry of Terrestrial Defense.
- When Marie thinks about Dana's dress, she notes "That's my outfit." Nova thinks "And I saved for months!" This odd bit of dialogue seems to suggest that Nova is adding onto Marie's thoughts with hers, as if they can hear each other's thoughts. The scene goes on to illustrate them making fun of Dana in unison (both saying the same words at the same time) and then posing at the camera. The name of the store that Dana buys the dress at is 'Fan Fan', although the space in-between the two words is not visible in some shots.
- Danger Zone was based on the original Japanese episode of Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross entitled "Toraburu Shitī" (Meaning "Trouble City" in English) that was aired 13 May, 1984 in Japan.
to be added
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Half Moon||Prelude to Battle|